Saturday, December 24, 2011

"Sarabande" and how GW made me a better person

"Sarabande"-- Rivka Nipper, 2010

Another piece based on my favorite anime, and favorite character, of all time: Treize Khushrenada. Once again, Gundam Wing and its characters are © Sunrise/Bandai 1995 


GW was (and still is) the standard I use for measuring my progress as an adult. It gave me an early start in studying philosophy and politics, which I maintain a healthy passion for today, and one of the essays that got me into my college was based partially on my Gundam-inspired musings. This series is what got me through that tricky adolescent period where everything was terrible and nothing made sense with at least some degree of aplomb. When I was a teenager it gave me a reason to engage instead of tune out, to keep going rather than give in. It still does, actually. My heroes from way back when are still my heroes today. 
Hey, Gundam Wing, I owe you a lot. Thanks, buddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment